[Koha-devel] Koha Virtual Appliances

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:37:19 CEST 2009

Hey all,
 I have finished uploading a new set of Koha virtual appliances. Each
version is available in VirtualBox or VMWare formats, and in
configured and unconfigured states. At the moment, there are versions
for the 3.01 official release, and versions for 3.01.00.032, which was
the latest from git.koha.org at the time it was created. The url is
http://kylehall.info/index.php/projects/koha/koha-virtual-appliance/ .
I created a login for koha.org ( kylemhall ), but I do not know how to
edit or add new pages. If anyone wants to put a page on koha.org for
the virtual appliances, you have my permission to use/modify the text
from my own site however you wish.

These version also have the curses based front end, kohamc, which I
mentioned. In the vm's, it's the shell for the root account. The
version in the 3.01 release is newer. I am very interested in getting
feedback about it. I think it would be great to expand this app to
allow it to run rebuild_zebra with whatever options a person might
want, and any other koha related activities that require cli work. Let
me know what you think. I forgot to add the GPL to the top, so I
hereby release the code to kohamc under the GPL v2.

If anyone here is familiar with perl/curses, is there a way to allow
the script to temporarily drop to a bash session, then return when a
user types exit?

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology