[Koha-devel] Geolocalization in Koha

Pablo A. Bianchi pbianchi at fi.uba.ar
Sat Nov 7 04:53:14 CET 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
>> "Pablo A. Bianchi" <pbianchi at fi.uba.ar>
>> Does anyone ever thought of adding Geolocation[0] to Koha? Probably
>> using also Google Maps API.
>
> I see no particular reason why not.  I feel it would be nicer to use
> the openstreetmap.org APIs, or at least offer them as the default
> option where the mapping is complete enough.

I totally agree using openstreetmap.org as default API.

Some extra fields for each Library should be added to database (aside
code for geolocation and sorting opac results) like longitude and
latitude, for example on Decimal Degrees, "DD". Is too late to add
this to Koha 3.2?

Cheers,
Pablo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_degrees