[Koha-devel] Strange (Zebra?) problem...

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 23:08:59 CET 2009

2009/11/10 Nicholas van Rheede van Oudtshoorn <vanoudt at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> Hope this is the right list to ask this on! We've got a Koha 3, zebra
> library system up and running (been using it for quite some time). Today the
> library pointed out to me that when searching for a book's title (in
> intranet or opac), no results are shown - even though the book is there!
> Searching by author brings up the book in the system.
>
> The koha error log is throwing out a whole bunch of information - but I'm
> still not sure exactly where the error is occurring. I've tried rebuilding
> the zebra index, but to no avail.
>
> I'm probably a couple of dot-points behind the latest release - I won't
> have the guts to do an upgrade until after the semester has finished here.
>
> You can try the opac search for yourself at library.pbc.wa.edu.au
> searching for "Jesus remembered" brings up no results, but that book turns
> up when searching for it's author - "Dunn" at position number 12.
>
> If it helps, I've attached the error log (pruned to just contain this
> search).
>
> As you can imagine, this is something of a major issue for us here. Any
> hints would be greatly appreciated!
>
> In hopeful anticipation... :-)
> Nick

It looks like your installation is in NoZebra mode (the NoZebra system
preference is on). You have two options:

1. Keep it in NoZebra mode, if that's what you intended. If so, you'll need
to rebuild the nozebra index using rebuild_nozebra.pl . NoZebra searching is
slower, not as powerful and more resource-intensive, but easier to set up.
2. Put it (back?) into Zebra mode (it sounds like you set it up using
Zebra). You'll have to turn off the NoZebra system preference, rebuild the
Zebra index using rebuild_zebra.pl and make sure that zebrasrv is running.

Sincerely,
--
Jesse Weaver