[Koha-devel] Koha 3.0.4 + something missing

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Nov 23 10:12:03 CET 2009

2009/11/23 Thomas Krichel <krichel at openlib.org>:

>  Chris Cormack writes
>
>> Liblime have promised they will release their code at some point,
>> but as yet, no one except those that pay liblime have any access to
>> those features.
>
>  It looks like something is going seriously wrong here.
>  Can koha as provided by liblime still be called open source?

They are within the license, because they provide LEK as Software as a
Service they are not distributing the code, so do not have to provide
the source code.

I'm of the opinion that you can't call it Open Source and meet the
conditions of the definition listed at the OSI, until you release it.
I would prefer if they said something like "Liblime Enterprise Koha,
uses the Koha FLOSS project as well as unreleased Liblime extensions"
But Liblime have long ceased listening to anything I say.

Chris