[Koha-devel] bulkmarcimport.pl for MARCXML

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Tue Nov 24 18:11:21 CET 2009

Hello all,

I have a question about bulkmarcimport.pl.  I'm trying to import
MARCXML, using the "-m MARCXML" option.  When I specify this option, 0
records are imported.  I used MarcEdit 5.1 to convert my .mrc file to
MARCXML.

Before conversion to XML, the .mrc file imports and indexes fine.  When
I leave out the "-m MARCXML" option and point the script at an xml file,
the import & zebra rebuild report success, but only the leader imports.
Am I missing something?  I'm also using the -d & -v options for
bulkmarcimport.pl

I've validated the file; it is well formed, valid MARCXML.

I need to use the XML import because we have bibs with 1900+ items
attached and apparently, this makes the .mrc records exceed 99999
characters.  I've been told that this character limit does not exist in
MARCXML.

I'm using 3.0.1, installed on Debian 5 ("Lenny).

Debian is installed on a VirtualBox 3.0.8 .vdi image, if that's relevant.

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299