[Koha-devel] git.koha.org outage

Clay Fouts clay.fouts at liblime.com
Wed Nov 25 18:49:14 CET 2009

Considering it takes 4.5 minutes for a single instance of the request
to complete, I think a real solution lies in figuring out why
gitweb/git is consuming so many resources in the first place.

Also, I was using the term 'web crawler' loosely in a way that's
inclusive with automated feed readers, the bulk of which don't appear
to request the robots.txt file, and some of which don't even stop
themselves from issuing simultaneous requests for the same feed
(which, I imagine, is because they're not programmed to handle a feed
that takes over four minutes to pull).

I've added the robots.txt because it certainly can't hurt, and I can
analyze the requests after a couple of days. However, I don't think
it's real solution, either.

Clay