[Koha-devel] RFC: Modification to Fines System

tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu Oct 1 19:23:37 CEST 2009

Dear Kyle Hall,

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:47:52 -0400, Kyle Hall <kyle.m.hall at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just thought of a reasonably easy way to track both the payment made
> by a borrower, and the payment as applied to charges on a borrowers
> account.
[...]
> The real question is: is this necessary? Do any libraries using Koha
> need to track total payments against individual fine payments?

I don't know if libraries needs to track payments in this way.
In Italy, as standard, we don't use fines.
We put days of embargo on user or we ask to pay
the value of book if heavily damaged or lost.

But if you do the work, read the MySql documentation here:
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:dbschema
http://www.koha.it/local--files/working/koha303_schema.zip

I'm sure that there are errors, and to have a prefect idea on how the
system work,
read the code of the API. A one person previous said, there are lacks on
constraints, unique keys, indexes.

And please write here any error you find in the docs, I will update them.
And also any update on the tables.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli