[Koha-devel] To mantain documentation on Mysql tables, indexess and relation

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon Oct 12 13:08:18 CEST 2009

Hi to all,

I'm sorry for not attending IIRC meeting of 07-Oct-2009, but I was outside.
So, from last IIRC and now, the question is:

>Do we insert the command 'COMMENT' in the basic definition SQL file,
>the file installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql ?
>Or do we insert the command 'COMMENT' in a specific file ?

My preference is the first option, someone are agree, someone are not agree.
The real and big obstacles again first option is:
  -- Not all RDBMS support it o similar syntax
     It works only on MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle.
     It not works on Firebird, Sqlite, MS SQL
-- We want to use Class::DBI. Class::DBI doesn't support it

In fact the next release, 3.2, it will work only on MySQL and (not
very probably) on Postgresql with two
differect kohastructure.sql. No problem to have 'COMMENT' only on
MySQL version of kohastructure.sql

I don't know the plan for 3.4.
If Class::DBI will be used, CILEA will work to insert 'COMMENT' only
in installation with Mysql, starting from
an external file.

So. This is good for every one ?

I wait your answers.

Bye