[Koha-devel] To mantain documentation on Mysql tables, indexess and relation

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon Oct 12 14:39:52 CEST 2009

Hi to all,

> > My preference is the first option, someone are agree, someone are
> not agree.
> > The real and big obstacles again first option is:
> >    -- Not all RDBMS support it o similar syntax
> >       It works only on MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle.
>But not in compatible syntaxes. We are talking about adding another
>mysqlism into the database structure.
>(Admitted localised to kohastructure.sql)

I think that now kohastructure.sql is a SQL file for MySQL.
In fact the path is installer/data/MYSQL/kohastructure.sql
If we create support for Postgresql  in 3.2 we will create
installer/data/PGSQL/kohastructure.sql

And yes, we are speaking about DBIx::Class.
Also DBIx::Class doesn't support 'COMMENT'

>We probably need to review what our options are in the future for db
>compatibility.

Clearly this is connect with future for db compatibility.
But I can confirm that CILEA will work on a different solution if we use
DBIx::Class in 3.4

We don't need COMMENT in every DB definition for 3.2.

Bye

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it