[Koha-devel] [Koha] Koha-3.0.4 Stable release

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 00:24:49 CEST 2009

Works just fine on a fresh clone.

To clarify the process, here's the commands that one would use:

git clone git://git.koha.org/pub/scm/koha.git kohaclone
cd kohaclone
git checkout -b my_stable_3.0.4 v3.00.04

Nicole is right.  When you use git, you get the WHOLE repo.  You do not just
get just whatever version you want to run, you get EVERY current version.
So the checkout step is where you actually decide what version of the repo
to expose.  In this case, you checkout based on the v3.00.04 tag.  If you
look at kohaversion.pl, you'll get different results before and after the
checkout step above (whatever is in HEAD vs. 3.00.04.019).

When git tells you it is up to date, that doesn't mean you have exactly the
kohaversion you want exposed, because that depends on what branch you are
on.  If you checked out from v3.00.03 instead, you'd have a different
kohaversion.  And so on.

You can get errors in this process if you previously tried to directly edit
a remote branch.  Avoid that.
--joe