[Koha-devel] Branch merge - labels_recon

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 04:18:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have merged the labels_recon branch, which contains Chris
Nighswonger's rework of the labels interface, to master.  A summary of
Chris' work can be found in the description for commit
f4d46222e85bd3009b3cdddd7c391624e14642cb:

"NOTE: This patch is the first of 40 which almost completely re-factor the
label creator code into a hopefully more scalable form. The new format is
a move in direction of OO handling labels, batches, templates, layouts, and
profiles as objects thus permitting easier implementation of features and
enhancements. It should be possible to export label data in any format one
might choose with the simple addition of a script similar to those included
which produce pdf, csv, and xml format.

One of the larger improvements is a change in workflow that results in template,
layout, and start label selection occurring just before export.

There are also various bugfixes and smaller interface improvements
woven into it.
It should be noted that this patch series removes the patron card
creator feature
for the present. This feature was only partially completed. A
completed variation
will be submitted as a separate patch series to follow in the near future.

The following bugs and enhancements are fixed by this series of patches:

2944 Search to add items to a label batch broken
2061 labels_conf DB values: NULL vs. 0
2511 CSV format string is not cleared when unselected in the label layout editor
2515 Re-factor C4::Labels::DrawSpineText
2823 Label Generator not generating barcodes
3171 Problem due to internationalization in label-create-template.tmpl
in de-DE and possibly others
3180 Active settings for label settings should be set at print time only

This work was sponsored by Foundations Bible College & Seminary, Dunn, NC USA"

I would like to thank Chris for his hard work on this module, and
encourage everybody to test and submit patches.  I'll be keeping the
labels_recon topic branch going for a while.

Regarding the patron card feature that was removed in the course of
this rework, Chris has told me that he's committed to get it running
again by the end of the year.  However, I would like to see if we can
collectively get it working in time for the 3.2 release, so patches
for the patron card feature will be accepted for 3.2 even after the
feature freeze tomorrow.

[1] http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=commit;h=f4d46222e85bd3009b3cdddd7c391624e14642cb

Regards,

Galen