[Koha-devel] About infrastructure and services Koha uses...

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Sep 10 05:54:23 CEST 2009

2009/9/10 Krishnan M <kmlist at yahoo.in>:
> Hello,
>
> i'd like to understand if any infrastructure used to host the mailing lists,
> wiki, the public site, bug trackers, git, pootle, etc., in general, anything
> that helps provide Koha to the community needs a re-look in the light of
> plans for the Koha foundation.
>
> i haven't researched this yet, but i know, for example that at least (one
> of?) the demo servers are run by LibLime, the chat channel is hosted on
> Katipo's servers, etc. I'd like to clarify that i am not imputing any
> disrespect for these services and the people that very kindly provide them
> to the community, i am not casting any doubts as to their continuity, etc...
>
> Do people think it is preferable in any way to ensure any contracts or other
> agreements for hosting, etc. are directly entered into between the
> (to-be-formed) foundation and public service providers. In such a scenario,
> the foundation can exercise complete control over the resources it uses, and
> the community then helps administer them.
>
> Ahead of the Koha foundation meeting on the 15th, i volunteer to host some
> or all such services, if any are needed, as well as volunteer time to
> administer some of them. i am also willing to pitch in to fund such
> services.

Hi Krishnan

I think you are jumping the gun here a bit, the meeting is to talk
about the foundation, it won't be formed then and there, it may even
be we decide instead to join an existing foundation.
I think first we should talk about what shape the foundation might
take, then worry about these.

Chris