[Koha-devel] what about 3.2 improvements under AGPL ?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Sep 15 17:10:24 CEST 2009

Hello,

What do you think about releasing all our 3.2 improvements under AGPL ?
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl.html

software is an hosted one.

The AGPL is compatible with Koha, as Koha is GPL v2 *or later*
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility (AGPL is
considered as a part of the GPL:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SeparateAffero )

Of course, everything already existing, that is under GPL would stay as it.

I think it would be a good idea. Publishing the source code is not
enough (we all know that getting 400 000 lines of code without hint,
help and a git repo would be useless), but at least, that would clarify
our motives.

cheers
--
Paul POULAIN