[Koha-devel] Help for Koha and Fingerprint Reader

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:05:49 CEST 2009

2009/9/15 Roxana Luz Fleipaz <roxanaluz at gmail.com>

> Hello Friends.
>
> I'm sure there's someone here who has experience of working KOHA with
> Fingerprint Reader.
>
> My case is the following code readers have fingerprints SFR300 NEXT-S ver2
> model, and I need to integrate with KOHA.
>
> Can anyone help me and tell me where to start?
>
> Thank you very much, Be aware of any please reply.
>

> Tanks.
> Roxana Luz

I'm assuming that you mean using a fingerprint reader to authenticate staff
and patrons logging into Koha.

Koha unfortunately only accepts textual passwords.

If you can configure your fingerprint reader to output some sort of hash of
the scanned fingerprint (much like the way most barcode scanners work), then
it would be possible to use it with Koha. You'd just use that hash as the
user's password.

If this is not possible, you'd have to do custom development to get the
fingerprint reader working, to the best of my knowledge.

--
Jesse Weaver