[Koha-devel] Survey Reminder

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 22 14:43:01 CEST 2009

(User list dropped from circulation because these seem like development
problems.)

Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote: [...]
> #2 this survey asks for more than just what you want out of the
> foundation - it asks about the groups we discussed during the meeting

Yes, that bit's fine, thank you.  But how shall we merge the two sets
of "what you want out of the association/foundation" answers?

> #3 I actually thought the survey was only going to be #2 :) hehe

I don't understand that.

> #4 the first poll was just asking what we thought the foundation
> should do - not asking us to rank our options - someone expressed that
> concern on the chat and I too worried about that - Just because
> everyone wanted one option doesn't mean it was their first choice for
> what the foundation should do

The first poll was just a first poll.  I didn't find "ranking" in the
chat transcript, so I suspect I didn't see that concern to address it.
(Please could people make sure they develop this organisation in
public?)  A second poll could be more detailed, but I'm unsure how we
decide what to put in it now.

> As I've said to others I will improve upon this survey for the second
> go round - I made a few mistakes this first time as I was learning how
> to to use the software more efficiently.  Also, this is a survey - not
> a poll - so it gives us some analytics that we couldn't get from the
> Doodle poll - something you should like :)

I think we could overanalyse the preliminary poll.  As long as no-one
is ballot-stuffing (which we should spot pretty easily in our fairly
small population), then speed of brainstorm felt more important than
bulletproof analytics.  Two weeks for the new poll means the
discussion period must be longer than that.  I fear that life is too
unpredictable and we have waited too long already to be able to carry
people on a multimonth decision process, while the challenges to this
community are more immediate.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software