[Koha-devel] RFC: Modification to Fines System

Walls, Ian Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu
Wed Sep 30 16:40:38 CEST 2009

Kyle,

Sounds good to me.

This suggestion seems like it could have some powerful long-term potential.  By modifying the system in the way you suggest, it would be possible to expand the kinds of payments patrons can make to include arbitrary services (like printing, ILL, class registration fees, etc.).  In essence, Koha could act as the financial front end for any pay service patrons are offered, and the money could be properly directed to whatever account it needs to wind up in at the end of the day/week/etc.

Ian Walls
Systems Integration Librarian
NYU Health Sciences Libraries
550 First Ave., New York, NY 10016