[Koha-devel] New Fine in days module

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 02:12:42 CEST 2010

Le 08/04/2010 19:27, Miguel Angel Calvo a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> As announced in our presentation, we have implemented a new management of the
> fines in days.
>
> This development is in the repository http://github.com/xercode/koha
>
> We would like to hear your vision.
>
> Thanks
Hi miguel
I have reviewed your code.
Maybe I am missing something, but I think you are using accountlines in
order to make your finedays.

Is there any reason why you would use an account line rather than a
debarred date ? Are you doing some process / statistics on how many
times a person was debarred ? Do you want to keep tracks of those
debarred days ? I have not seen whether you store the date the patron
can come back to ask for books, but this is rather important.

In BibLibre developments on finedays, we rather use debarred flag in
members table as a date for suspension and we check if the debarred date
is ok or not. You can check the code on git.biblibre.com branch
Univ_Lyon3 where we also did many improvements on circulation and
issuingrules, (details are on 3.4 RFC
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:rfcs3.4)
To get the branch, add a repository on
git://git.biblibre.com/koha_biblibre.git

I am working on porting all that on top 3.2 for 3.4 integration.
And also on 3.2 stabilisation and bugfixes.

I would like to hear your view of the features produced for finedays.
cheers
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT