[Koha-devel] Relocating koha.org services

Clay Fouts cfouts at ptfs.com
Fri Apr 9 21:36:10 CEST 2010

Hi, all.

With the shift of koha.org-related services from Metavore (LibLime's former
owner) to PTFS, we're going to be relocating a few of the services that
currently reside on Metavore assets. Most notably, wiki.koha.org and
git.koha.org are going to move to a new system. This will involve a bit of
semi-downtime for each due to DNS propagation.

It's undesirable and unnecessary to lose read access to these services; I'll
copy the data to the new location, redefine the DNS entries, and convergence
can take its sweet time. However, in order to minimize data syncronization
issues, I'm requesting that no changes be made to either of them after
period after that. Once DNS convergence is complete (theoretically only two
hours, but waiting 12 will be safer), I'll shut down the old service
locations and it will be safe to resume changes. I'll send another
announcement when that window has passed.

Please forward this to any relevant lists or individuals.

Enjoy,
Clay