[Koha-devel] [Koha] Clearing off server

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun Apr 18 00:15:22 CEST 2010

On 18 April 2010 08:33, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A month or so ago I had a chat on IRC with some of you about an error
> I was having where mysql couldn't start on my demo system.
>
> http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-03-08#i_407411
>
> I am having that issue again.  I know I need to do a new install and
> alot more space, but I don't have time right now because I have a lot
> of travel coming up.  So what I'm wondering is what files I can delete
> in the log folder - which logs can I get rid of?  I have already done
> as jdavidb said last time and purged the *.gz files.  I have a few
> others files that are pretty darn big.  I just need to know what's
> safe to get rid of.

Shifting to koha-devel as this is a better place for these kind of questions.

Looking at the list of logs, the culprit is your mailer, it is filling
up your log dir, its probably not configured correctly and is unable
to send mail. I would stop whatever mta you have running, from
running. Until you have time to configure it correctly, then you can
safely remove the .1 mail.log and mail.info logs.

Whenever you start getting big log files from your mailer, you know
something is going wrong, or you are sending piles of mail. I would
also make sure you turn off any cron jobs you have set to mail things.

Chris