[Koha-devel] new module to send mails

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Apr 22 01:13:05 CEST 2010

Michael Hafen <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org>
> I don't have a preference either way.  However it seems that being able
> use an external SMTP server is a big deal.  So I will start by voting
> for Mail::Sender and C4::Mail

Using an external SMTP server is a big thing. It requires a lot of extra
error handling to avoid losing mail, because SMTP servers need not accept
email  when koha wants to send it. A local sendmail is safer in that way.
How does this C4::Mail handle getting 4xx or 5xx replies?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software