[Koha-devel] Some CPAN modules Koha needs in Debian now

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Apr 26 05:58:00 CEST 2010

  Lars Wirzenius writes
> This might be a nice small bit of good news to start the week.

  It's not good news. It's excellent news.

> Debian squeeze has most of the CPAN modules Koha needs, but five were
> missing.

  In my last attempt to install koha 3.00.04_fixed, http::OAI was
  the only one missing. But I did not install zebra.

>  There is a reasonable chance that Koha will install and work on
> Debian squeeze out of the box, without any additional software to be
> installed.

  So that means we may be seeing a koha...deb at some stage?
  I think all you would have to figure out is how configure
  the database setup with debconf or so.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1