[Koha-devel] Debian packages of Koha: current status and plans

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Apr 30 04:02:11 CEST 2010

Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> For a few weeks now I have been working on and off getting Koha
> packaged for Debian. Here are my thoughts and plans.

This looks fantastic, Lars. Thanks for putting in the hard yards.
Things brings Koha (close to) an out of the box install with no
fiddling about.

> Is this something others would find useful?
> Am I missing something that would be useful to many?

I would suggest we eventually test this on Debian etch. Prolly
minors differences will be encountered, nothing major.

One thing we do with our own installs is forgo port 8080 for
the Staff client. Instead, we install to virtual hosts, one for
OPAC and one for Staff. AFAIK, this only means a change to two
files: ports.conf and default-Koha.conf (i.e. the apache config
for Koha).

Thanks again for the good work.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Politics is the business of getting power and privilege without
possessing merit.
      -- PJ O'Rourke