[Koha-devel] Staff client catalogue/search.pl

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Fri Aug 6 07:31:55 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Koustubha Kale <kmkale at anantcorp.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Fridolyn SOMERS <fridolyn.somers at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Isn't it the goal of "HomeOrHoldingBranch" system preference ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> 2010/8/4 Koustubha Kale <kmkale at anantcorp.com>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> In staff client catalogue/search.pl searches in the permanent location
>>> of the item. How can I make it search in current location?
>>>

> Is it?
> It says..
>
> Use the checkout and fines rules of  the library the item is from.  the
> library the item was checked out from.
> NOTE: This is older than CircControl, but used by some parts of Koha. It
> will be removed soon.

Here is the situation in detail.

One of our libraries has just started a branch.

All the items in this branch have for all items, "Current Location" set to
the branch and "Permanent Location" set to the head office. This is by
decision of the library management.

When we log in to the staff interface with a staff whose library is set to
the branch and do a advanced search on any item type with keyword blank, we
get no items. If for testing I change the permanent location of an item to
the branch, then we get that item in the advanced search.
Changing either HomeOrHoldingBranch or CircControl make no difference to
this situation.

I conclude that the advanced search is only looking in permanent location of
items. Is there a way to change this behavior to search in current location?

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes Naka,
Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2