[Koha-devel] Staff client catalogue/search.pl

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Fri Aug 6 10:23:57 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Fridolyn SOMERS
<fridolyn.somers at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok,
>
> You are talking about branch limit impact on search.
>
> The search query is composed with "branch" code.
> This code is used by Zebra throw CCL language.
> Look at "etc/zebradb/ccl.properties", you may find :
>
>     homebranch 1=homebranch
>     branch homebranch
>    holdingbranch 1=8012
>
> You can see that "branch" is not a real index, "homebranch" and
> "holdingbranch" are.
> Actually, "branch" is transformed into "homebranch" before Zebra searching.
> So you sould solve your problem by changing this :
>
>    branch holdingbranch
>
> Be carfull, I don't know if it modifies other behaviours.
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Fridolyn SOMERS
> Information and Communication Technologies engineer
> Lyon - FRANCE
> fridolyn.somers at gmail.com

Thanks.
If anybody on the list can comment with more knowledge of the impact this
change might cause, it would help.

Will take a full db backup before trying and do it on a holiday.

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes Naka,
Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2