[Koha-devel] Sorting alphabetically the subfields in additem

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Aug 19 12:13:02 CEST 2010

Salvador Zaragoza Rubio <salvazm at masmedios.com>
> Maybe the right thing to do instead of changing code everyone would
> be for the koha developers to add a subfield in the marc structure
> indicating the order you want to display the subfields.  It would
> imply adding a field in the database and change code to sort through
> this field. I think this would be the perfect solution as everyone
> could order in the desired manner as Michael Hafen did.

Plesae can someone more familiar with cataloguing look at additem.pl (or
answer from memory) and say why the fields are ordered as they are?

I didn't see how the subfields are "in a random manner", but there are
a couple of random numbers generated by sub generate_subfield_form.

The current ordering might be random, accidental or it might have some
reason (performance, or even a dangerous undeclared dependency) that
the reordering may impact.  Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software