[Koha-devel] Sorting alphabetically the subfields in additem

Salvador Zaragoza Rubio salvazm at masmedios.com
Thu Aug 19 12:43:36 CEST 2010

What I see in the version downloaded from the git current development
branch is that the fields and subfields are
stored in hash data structures so they are randomly accessed if you
don't sort them with some method, just what's
been done recently:

.
.
.
380: foreach my $tag (sort keys %{$tagslib}) {
381: # loop through each subfield
381:   foreach my $subfield (sort keys %{$tagslib->{$tag}}) {
.
.
.

After processing them, the data is stored in an array so they are showed
sorted afterwards:
555: push (@loop_data, \%subfield_data);

In this implementation the subfields are passed (lexically sorted) to
the template for displaying purposes.
So I think is fixed.
Anyway I'll look into the database solution.