[Koha-devel] (sort of) Refactoring rebuild_zebra

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Aug 19 23:43:17 CEST 2010

On 20 August 2010 09:39, Michael Hafen <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org> wrote:
> I wonder now if we could seperate the two.  So cataloging updated zebra
> immediately, but circulation was queued.
>
> Would that work?

Its certainly a possibility, would involve a bit of work, since the
calls are down in module level, not script level, and at that level
often the code doesn't know whether it's being called as a result of
circulation, or a cataloguing change, (or a branch transfer  .. or
whatever else i've forgotten :-))

But if we were careful, worst that could happen is we would reindex
something that had already been reindexed.

Chris