[Koha-devel] Patron Cards and Book labels: 3.06 -- How are people printing them?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Aug 23 09:49:36 CEST 2010

David M. Bucknell wrote: [...]
> I can't get any of the label options to work (English lang mostly) for
> books or patrons (at least not more than minimally -- I can get a
> barcode graphically and as text, but that's it.  (Oh, and a nice red
> box around the items.  Nothing I do to customize (choose what's on the
> label) has any effect.

Is that the only way they don't work?

I think patron cards aren't very customisable and I don't remember
whether I've tried to customise the book labels.

> Finally, I can't get the export to csv to work to try it.

How doesn't it work?  That's not a useful bug report or even pointer
towards how to do something which would let me submit a bug report. :-(

> Apologies for not seeing it if it's obvious, but now I would like to
> ask for suggestions.  Am I wrong or is this just not working?  How are
> people getting their labels and patron cards done in 3.06?

As far as I know, the co-op's client libraries are using the Koha
printer to make PDFs which are then printed onto cards or labels.  We
did some customisation work to add library logos to patron cards which
I submitted some time ago.  If there's interest, I'll resubmit it for
3.06 because I don't think it was accepted into 3.0.x (the LogoCards
system preference would show if it was), but I think the label
printers are all changing in 3.2, so it might not be worth it
otherwise.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software