[Koha-devel] 3.4 Development - Need input

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Aug 23 10:54:38 CEST 2010

savitra sirohi wrote:
> Folks, we are about to start a development project in the areas of:
>
> Acquisitions: Approvals & payments
> Serials: Budgeting and improvements in subscriptions
> Article Indexing/Analytical records
> SDI

As in selective dissemination of information?  Cool beans!

> We expect this to be between 250-350 person days of effort.
>
> Since this is our first involvement in software development, I will
> appreciate any input in how to proceed. We are essentially concerned
> about making sure that most or all of the code is accepted. And the
> patches are accepted into 3.4 not in later versions. We also don't
> want to work on stuff others are already working on.

I'll leave it to the RM to say how he'd like it passed best,
but I guess http://wiki.koha-community.org//wiki/Enhancement_Request_Guidelines
will apply.

Just wanted to check I'd got the right SDI, really.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software