[Koha-devel] Search Engine Changes : let's get some solr

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Dec 7 21:42:02 CET 2010

Frédéric Demians wrote (quoting someone without giving credit):
>  >> But since records stored into Koha are cleanly UTF-8 encoded, are
>  >> well formed XML and respect a minimalist schema,
>  > That is the ideal. In practice, Koha currently does not enforce either
>  > of your two assumptions in that statement; patches to tighten that up
>  > would be a good idea.
>
> I don't understand. Do you mean that biblioitems.marcxml field and its
> mirror in Zebra can contain something else than valid MARCXML? Invalid
> encoded characters shouldn't change anything whatever parser is used. I
> see bug #2916 on bugzilla. Is there something more?

Well, 2916 is a description of the general problem, but there appear
to be multiple vectors for this invalid MARCXML to get in there.

If I remember correctly, I don't think it reaches the Zebra mirror
because what goes there is MARC that is generated from the MARCXML, so
no valid marcxml field means no MARC for Zebra.

Hope that helps,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha