[Koha-devel] RFC : Local cover images

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Sat Dec 11 13:14:19 CET 2010

Hi Ian,

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Ian Bays <ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:
> Hi Koustubha
> That's a great feature to add to Koha.  Congratulations on this.
> The only part that I worry about is using the bibliomumber for access: If
> you were to ever re-install and wanted to export the bib data and re-import
> then you would be likely to get different biblionumbers for records, so you
> would lose the link to the images.
> I would have thought that there should be some unique number or code for
> each title which you might put into a tag such as the 024 MARC21 tag (Other
> Standard Identifier):
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd024.html
> Maybe have the tag and subfield as a system pref?

Valid point about the export and re-import and a good idea of linking
with a marc tag. Thank you.

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes
Naka, Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2