[Koha-devel] Numerically sorting a new Zebra Index

Fridolyn SOMERS fridolyn.somers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:40:39 CET 2010

Hie,

Have a look at @att 7 of Zebra :
http://www.indexdata.com/zebra/doc/querymodel-zebra.html#querymodel-zebra-attr-sorting

It introduces sorting into query.

In ccl.properties you find ascending and descending sort :
*sort1 7=1
sort2 7=2*

So your ccl query looks like :
*"(canumber,ge=1000 and "canumber,le=2000) or sort1,canumber=0"*

*PS : *
You must add the sort structure (:s) into "record.abs" :

melm 952$z    canumber, canumber:n, canumber:s, item

Regards,

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Senthil Anand <ssenthilanand at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running Koha 3.06 on Centos 5.5.
>
> I want to add a new item attribute, canumber to the Zebra Index. It
> should be visible on the staff client. All values are numbers ranging
> from 1 to around 15000000.
>
> I have done the following steps:
>
> 1. In bib1.att
>
> att 8032 canumber
>
> 2. In the marc21 record.abs
>
> melm 952$z    canumber, canumber:n, item
>
> 3. In ccl.properties
>
> canumber 1=8032
>
> Zebra has been reindexed.
>
> I want to use the canumber in place of acq-date in the Bulk label
> barcode generation.
>
> In label-item-search.pl under intranet/cgi-bin/labels . I am
> performing a search using the following limits :
>
> "canumber,ge="<textbox data> and
>
> "canumber,le="<textbox data>.
>
> The search actually works and returns results but the results seem to
> be sorted as text. ie searching beween 1000 and 1010 returns items
> with canumber 1000000 etc. As a test I changed the attribute of
> itemnotes in items table from varchar to int(11) in a test machine and
> reran the index. Still not getting proper numeric sorting.
>
> The Zebra docs mention that lexicographic sorting is default and
> numeric sorting has to be enabled. As I understood it is defined in
> the record.abs. How can I change the mappings in record.abs to get
> numerically sorted results ? Is the query I am using in
> label-item-search.pl correct ?
>
> Regards,
> Senthil

Fridolyn SOMERS