[Koha-devel] Failing test cases

Robin Sheat robin at kallisti.net.nz
Sun Dec 5 12:49:58 CET 2010

I've been attempting to build a new set of packages for 3.2.1, however
part of building the packages is running tests. If you attempt to run
"make -j1 test" on a system that doesn't have a koha database with the
default account and password configured, they will fail.

This seems to be because the modules that they're testing include
C4::Auth or C4::Context, which tries to talk to the DB.

What's the recommended solution to this? My thinking is that anything
that requires a database connection should be moved to its own directory
so that it won't be run by default (or, better, it should be designed in
such a way to not require a database. But that's possibly significantly
harder.)

I can just move the problematic tests[0] out of the way for the sake of
the packages, but that's definitely not the right solution.

Robin.

[0] 00-load, Auth_with_cas, External_BakerTaylor, Reports_Guided,
Service, Tags, UploadedFile, and VirtualShelves.