[Koha-devel] Koha Sound Events

Wojciech Zatorski listy-in at zatorski.net
Thu Feb 4 19:21:48 CET 2010

W dniu 2010-02-04 16:50, Darrell Ulm pisze:
> Hello,
>
> Working on putting sound events into Koha 3.2 but it is a bit of a pickle.
>
> While I have it working using<embed (embed is the problem, works to a point,
> but please read below) ...<embed is not the solution for playing the sound
>
> My question is *what is?*. Currently the two best candidates are playing with a
> Java Applet (works very well and loads concurrently so no delay) or Flash, which
> I have not tested.
>
> Basically to get decent sound, we are going to need a plug-in, because web
> browsers just don't cut it for playing sound in a fast environment.

I  think this is not good idea.. librarians doesn't like sounds;)
we are using sound only for login page and member page (outdated books)
by HTML5:

<audio  src="/intranet-tmpl/default/pl/audio/login.ogg  <view-source:https://10.0.1.1:8014/intranet-tmpl/default/pl/audio/login.ogg>"autoplay></audio>

<audio  src="/intranet-tmpl/default/pl/audio/overdue.ogg  <view-source:https://10.0.1.1:8014/intranet-tmpl/default/pl/audio/overdue.ogg>"id="audioerror1"></audio>

bye

--
The Main Library of Szczecin University.
Computerization Department.