[Koha-devel] Bug assignees - call for volunteers

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:40:23 CET 2010

Hi,

The current list of default assignees for bug categories is here:

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:bug_default_assignees

I am issuing a call for module experts to volunteer to be default
assignees, and for existing assignees to confirm their willingness and
availability to investigate, fix, and delegate bugs.  By the time of
the next general meeting (3 March 2010 at 19:00 UTC+0), please reply
to this thread and signal if:

* you want to be or remain as assignee for a component
* you no longer want to be an assignee
* you want to be added to the default CC list for a component

In particular, one of the things we should figure out by the time of
the meeting is which components do not have anybody actively
interested in being assignee.

I'm the default assignee for a lot of these, and would dearly like
this to change.  The components I'm specifically interested in
remaining assignee for are:

Architecture, internals, and plumbing
Cataloging
MARC Authority data support
MARC Bibliographic data support
MARC Bibliographic record staging/import
Searching
Z39.50 / SRU / OpenSearch Servers

As a reminder, anybody who wants to work on a bug should feel free to
do so, particularly if the bug's status hasn't been changed to
'assigned' - in other words, I don't think it should be the role of
the bug assignees to have to explicitly fix or delegate every single
bug in their components, just to watch over the component as a whole
and ensure that important bugs do get addressed.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton