[Koha-devel] Linking Marc fields to custom table fields

Toni Rosa arosa at tgi.es
Wed Feb 10 00:09:49 CET 2010

Hello,

I have just posted a related question, but to keep it simpler I post a
new message for this one.

I wanted to show the field 17$a in the "normal" view of a biblio. I
think I could do something like searching in the $record->fields
structure until I found the desired 17$a field and then pass it back to
the template inside the "catalogue/detail.pl"... But my question is, Is
there a better way of doing it?

Trying to solve it, I have also tried another approach that didn't
work... I tried to add a field to the table biblio (named, for instance
"17a") and using the "MARC Links" section of koha I assigned it to the
17$a MARC field. The problem is that it never gets informed even when
the 17$a MARC field is perfectly filled for the biblio. I expected that
whenever my custom field (the "biblio.17a" field I created) got filled,
then as the "$dat" var that gets filled with the method "GetBiblioData"
that returns all biblio fields, I could retrieve it from the template by
name. In this case my question is, Is this approach completely wrong?

Regards,

Toni