[Koha-devel] Vote on 3.4 Translation Manager to be held tomorrow, 10 February 2010 at 19:00 UTC+0

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:21:45 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Galen Charlton <gmcharlt at gmail.com> wrote:
> During the general IRC meeting today, we decided to hold the vote for
> the 3.4 Translation Manager tomorrow, 10 February 2010, at 19:00 UTC+0
> on the #koha IRC channel.  Two people have expressed interest,
> Frédéric Demians and Brendan Gallagher, but we're awaiting a proposal
> from Brendan.

Lesson #1 - never hold a vote on a bug squashing day.   Everybody,
myself included, forgot to hold the vote!

Frédéric Demians is now the sole candidate for the position.  Brendan
has withdrawn his candidacy [1], although he has volunteered to be a
backup if needed [2].  Frédéric has received +1s for the role on #koha
[also 2].

Consequently, I propose that we consider Frédéric to be the 3.4
Translation Manager.  If anybody has endorsements or objections, let's
use this email thread to comment.  If there's a strong desire to hold
a formal vote on #koha, we can do that as well - just speak up.

[1] http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:roles3.4
[2] http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-02-10#i_390177

Regards,

Galen