[Koha-devel] Koha, AIX, Oracle

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 01:04:41 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/2/16 Oscar Gaona <ramses02 at yahoo.com>:
> Is there any experience running Koha, AIX and / or Oracle?
>
> Which could be 'the way' to get it?

If you want to run Koha on an AIX server, I think it would be possible
in principle, but challenging.  There are are a number of Perl modules
to deal with, some which have C library dependencies, as well as as
components such as YAZ (which I think is known to compile on AIX) and
Zebra that would have to be compiled on your server.  Koha cannot use
Oracle as its RDMS, however - at present, only MySQL is supported.

If you're looking to get a Koha system up and running quickly, I would
recommend using a common Linux distribution, particularly Debian or
Ubuntu.

Regards,

Galen
--