[Koha-devel] feasibility of external circulation updating Koha items table availability

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Mon Feb 22 18:56:56 CET 2010

Galen,

Thanks; that helps a lot.

Galen and/or Erik,

Since you mentioned that the SIP2 interface would be the logical way to
interact with the circulation system, I took a look at it.  It looks
easy enough to configure, using the Koha Manual as a guide:
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.2/appendices/sip2-integration.
However, I don't have the foggiest idea how the interface could be used
once it's configured.  The testing example on this page might as well be
Greek for someone who doesn't know SIP and testing wouldn't get me any
closer to getting Aeon to use Koha's SIP interface anyway.  I'm going to
see if any of Aeon's developers are fluent in SIP; in case I have to set
this up myself, can you recommend a good source of documentation for
using SIP2 with Koha?

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299