[Koha-devel] feasibility of external circulation updating Koha items table availability

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Mon Feb 22 20:21:33 CET 2010

Frédéric,

I did see that documentation.  I was hoping for some more Koha-specific
docs that would assist with field mapping & interfacing.

We'd primarily be using the "11 Checkout" and "09 Checkin" messages, but
I'm uncertain what data to include in some of the message required
fields, such as "SC renewal policy" & "no block."

In addition, this document doesn't go into detail about how a
communications session between the SC and ACS is established.  Is there
a koha best practice for communicating with the SIP service?

http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.2/appendices/sip2-integration
includes a session history of connecting to SIP with telnet, but it's
unclear in some sections of this example which are the commands and
which are the responses from the server.  An example that is a bit more
broken down would be very helpful.

Hopefully the Aeon developers have some experience with SIP, but even if
they can set this up without assistance from me, I'll like to know
what's going on in the back end and be able to do some simple tests of
the SIP functionality.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299