[Koha-devel] searching for phrases

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at ccfls.org
Fri Feb 26 17:00:53 CET 2010

Hi all,

Is there a way to search for phrases in the Koha catalog, or to make
Koha rank phrases higher than other search results by default?  For
example, if I search for "world book", in the expectation of finding
World Book Encyclopedia, I get a vast number of search results (about
3,400), because the words "world" and "book" are apparently fairly
common in my MARC records.  I'm using 3.2 alpha with zebra, with
approximately 350,000 records.  There used to be a title phrase search
option in the advanced search, but that doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Thanks!
Cindy

Cindy Murdock Ames
IT Services Director