[Koha-devel] Koha - Searching for Lexile Range

Richard Forristall Richard.Forristall at goodwillaz.org
Wed Jan 13 17:06:22 CET 2010

Good day all!

I'm new to the Koha system - we're using it for our charter high school
library.  We've only had it installed for about 2 months and I'm now
responsible for maintenance and enhancements.

In our library, we need the ability for users (high school students) to
be able to search for books using a lexile number range.  For example:
Find all the books that have a lexile number between 100 and 200.

I don't see this as an option anywhere in the advanced search so I was
going to try and create the option.  Here are my questions:

1.  Has anyone done this yet?

2.  I'm assuming there has to be something in the Zebra indexing system
that allows this - being ignorant of Zebra, can anyone assist?

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Forristall
Programmer Analyst