[Koha-devel] Connection failed to z3950.loc.gov

Richard Forristall Richard.Forristall at goodwillaz.org
Tue Jan 19 23:08:25 CET 2010

Hi,

My librarian is trying to do cataloging via z3950 server - and is
getting this error:
Connection failed to z3950.loc.gov (it happens with all servers).

I searched Google and saw an IRC chat log that suggested trying to
telnet into the server.  I did that (telnet z3950.loc.gov 7090) and got
this:
Trying 140.147.249.38...
Connected to ilsweb.loc.gov.
Escape character is '^]'

So it looks like I can get to the server, but I can't do it from within
Koha.

Has anyone else run into this problem and come up with a solution?

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Forristall
Programmer Analyst