[Koha-devel] check-url.pl

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Mon Jan 25 18:32:26 CET 2010

> Has anyone configured and ran this utility in the misc folder?
>
> Looks like a cool tool but I don't know enough about perl to know what needs
> to be modified.  I'll take it to my resident perl expert and have him
> interpret for me and maybe play with it.  Just checking before I spend time
> on it.

Try 'perldoc check-url.pl' to have a documentation:

NAME
check-url.pl - Check URLs from 856$u field.

USAGE
check-url.pl [--verbose|--help] [--host=http://default.tld]
Scan all URLs found in 856$u of bib records and display if
resources are available or not.

PARAMETERS
--host=http://default.tld
Server host used when URL doesn’t have one, ie doesn’t begin with
’http:’. For example, if --host=http://www.mylib.com, then when
856$u contains ’img/image.jpg’, the url checked is:
http://www.mylib.com/image.jpg’.

--verbose|-v
Outputs both successful and failed URLs.

--html
Formats output in HTML. The result can be redirected to a file
accessible by http. This way, it’s possible to link directly to
biblio record in edit mode. With this parameter --host-pro is
required.

--host-pro=http://koha-pro.tld
Server host used to link to biblio record editing page.

--help|-h
Print this help page.

--
Frédéric