[Koha-devel] Koha and Subversion

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Jan 27 10:27:31 CET 2010

On 26/01/10 22:33, Richard Forristall wrote:
> Has anyone setup subversion to manage their Koha modifications?
> I'm trying to create a subversion repository and get this error:
> Adding var/run/zebradb
> svn: Unknown or unversionable type for 'var/run/zebradb/authoritysocket'
authoritysocket is a socket not a source file, its not part of the
codebase and you wouldn't want to
keep it under authority control.

That said, you really want to look at using git. The time spent learning
it will repay you no end. It also makes it easier to track changes by
others while maintaining your own working version and to contribute your
own changes back to the project. I worked on a project that used
subversion and moved to git and after the initial learning curve for
everyone we never looked back.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell