[Koha-devel] How about a different way of handling database updates

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Jan 28 18:29:03 CET 2010

Kyle Hall a écrit :
> The naming convention sounds very reasonable. Very java import styled.
> Very good idea.
>
> Now the big question is, can we get any traction for such a big
> change? Is there anyone else willing to comment on the possbility of
> this idea?

create a syspref (with TEXT, we have a lot of space).
Separate each patch applied with a comma :

BibLibre-1,mhafenA,someoneElse,anotherone,BibLibre-2, ...

need to check that a patch has been applied ? just =~ /BibLibre-1,/ if
not applied, apply it, and add BibLibre-1, at the end of applied
patches. The order doesn't matter.

(well, in fact, the order may matter, and that may be the limit of this
idea...)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com