[Koha-devel] Moving system preference serialization into the database

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Mon Jul 12 20:43:22 CEST 2010

> A syspref editor working with the syspref system currently in place is
> really a trivial thing to create. I see no reason to handle local-use
> prefs any differently than other prefs.

I see several reasons to handle differently Koha official sysprefs and
local sysprefs:

    * They don't need the complete editor, with typed values, combo list
      and so on.
    * People who add local sysprefs know what they are doing. They are
      not end-users but integrators or developers.
    * It isn't necessary for local sysprefs to be translatable. So for
      them being stored exclusively in DB with no .pref template isn't a
      problem.

--
Frédéric