[Koha-devel] generic Koha data export format?

Michael Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Wed Jun 2 16:23:14 CEST 2010

There are a few possibilities I see here.  One is to create an export
tool.  Some MARC format would be good for the biblio and copy
information, but there would have to be some framework, similar to that
which is in the works for imports, to map koha fields to MARC fields.
The system prefered MARC format would probably be used.  Then a seperate
button to generate a csv of the borrower information.  This could be
amended easily to be imported into different version of Koha by adding
or removing columns in a spreadsheet application.  Finially, another
botton to generate a csv/xml/yaml file with issues, reserves, fines,
serials.  Maybe even split those to seperate buttons/files too.

That's just one idea.  And one of those features is already in place in
the biblio exports.  It would just need to be expanded to handle copy
information.