[Koha-devel] memcached?

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Sat Jun 5 12:13:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 07:01:18PM +0200, Zeno Tajoli wrote:
> Hi Dobrica,
>
> >I would highly recommend putting session files at filesystem as opposed
> >to database, especially if you have semi-high load on your website (web
> >crawlers and what not) because it cut down database load by 75% for us.
>
> do you speak about preference 'SessionStorage' ?
> To insert 'tmp' instead of 'mysql' ?

Yes, sorry for vague description. I would also suggest to change
C4::Auth around like 1344 to something like:

session = new CGI::Session("driver:File;serializer:yaml;id:md5", $sessionID, {Directory=>'/dev/shm'});

In this line, /tmp was changed to /dev/shm which is ram-based filesystem
on linux, making session serialization free in term of disk i/o.

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin