[Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 and mod_perl

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jun 9 10:18:56 CEST 2010

* Alex Bernier (alex.bernier at free.fr) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to run Koha 3.0 with the mod_perl Apache 2 module (using the PerlRunPrefork response handler). My question : has someone noticed problems with such a configuration ?
>
> (On wiki.koha.org , there was a page about Koha and mod_perl but I don't find it anymore on the Wiki of koha-community.org.)
As far as I know, no one has tested it in a serious way, so its yet to
be seen if it has problems.

I wouldn't be suprised if there were some problems with the librarian
interface.

3.4 is going to be a performance based release, one of the goals is to
make sure the code is mod_perl safe. (As well as potentially other
persistant code mechanisms).

Chris

> Best regards,
>
> Alex